Re: [TCLUG:7110] more routing weirdness

Tim, to see the routing table w/o waiting for DNS to resolve names,
use "route -n".  Similarily, netstat -rn will do the same thing as
"route -n".

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Tim Wilson wrote:
> I did install both gated and routed, but I've since killed gated.
> Here's where I'm kind of clueless. I'm not sure which I should
> using. I've got a rather simple network here. Static routing is
> perfectly adequate.

I'd go static.  The only time you'd need gated or routed is when
you're adding and dropping network connections frequently.  IOW, only
use it when your environment is "dynamic."  I'd definitely
disable/remove your gated or routed programs.  (BTW, I don't think you
CAN run both at the same time...  Don't they do the same thing?
Wouldn't you have conflicts?)

^chewie

http://nerp.net/~chewie  <<--- Check it out!  I'm selling my truck!