Re: [TCLUG:7220] Networked printers

I'm now able to print using smbprint (although the whole thing seems a
little shaky to me--password stored unencrypted, passed on the command
line, etc...but in any case, before I start looking for more elegant
solutions (is there really *no* good way to print over the network to a
Win95 machine?) I thought I'd ask about the staircase effect.

I looked at a HOWTO and it said that the way to fix the staircase effect
is to run the data through another filter--I'd guess to enter in the
carriage return.  Is it that simple, is there a filter I already have, or
should I just write a little perl?  And, if that's the case, what's the
control character for carriage return (or linefeed, whichever one I need
to add)?  Is it ^L?

Thanks,
Dave