memory leakage with Apache, Perl CGI, and Samba

I'm running a Linux box an intranet web server, and so far it's been
working great, except for the fact that it is continuously leaking memory
in one way or another.  When I reboot the machine in the morning (I know!
Sounds like Windoze!)  It is using 22M of RAM in its idle state.
  By the end of the day, it is using 46 out of 48M.  I watch it slowly
creep up over the process of the day, and asking for a particularly large
search using a perhaps sub-optimized perl-script will swallow up a meg of
RAM in one go.

I'm also using Samba to allow our HTML guy to edit the pages on the
machine.

Can anybody point me towards the culprit or how to find the culprit?  And
if you've seen this before, is there a good solution?  The web gets mighty
slow running entirely on swap.

Thanks a bunch!
Dave