Re: [TCLUG:6265] memory leakage with Apache, Perl CGI, and Samba

At 08:27 AM 6/3/99 -0500, David Christian wrote:
>Sounds like Windoze!)  It is using 22M of RAM in its idle state.
>  By the end of the day, it is using 46 out of 48M.  I watch it slowly

Simple test, run 'top' in a separate window and watch that; it can sort the
processes by a few different parameters.

Most likely you are getting a lot of web servers spawned.  You can probably
set the throttle real easy so that it matches what your machine is good at.

some things to look for at the top of 'top's screen:
What is your swap rate?  How much memory is left for FS cache?

Randy
randym@acm.org