Re: [TCLUG:6361] Scrolling problem with Pine and PPP

Take a look at your TERM environment variable in each case.
echo $TERM
will tell you what it is set to. Try setting it to the one
that works. I think that the TERM is set to xterm in an
xterm and VT100 or VT220 or linux or something like that
for the other instance.

You can set the environment variable with:
export TERM=vt100
or
setenv TERM vt100

in the bash and csh respectively.