RE: [TCLUG:6524] Y2K, linux and bios

Don't quote me on this, but I think "turn-over" referrs to your later hunch.
If you shut the thing down on Dec 31, then turn it on Jan 1 and *manually*
set the BIOS clock to 2000, you'll be fine. My understanding is that this is
a very common issue. For some reason, they have trouble with that one second
where it actually switches from 1999 to 2000, but work fine otherwise. You
can test it by manually setting it to some date in 2000 now. If it works,
this is the problem.

Neal