Re: [TCLUG:6754] kernel too big

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Ben Luey wrote:
<snip>
> Kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5recompile is too big
This is one of the most cryptic Linux kernel errors that I've ever had the
joy of solving.(you can tell my kernel forays have been limited.)

When you compile a new kernel, you don't want to copy
/usr/src/linux/vmlinux into /boot as your new kernel. You need to find
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage and use that. I think the vmlinux is
pre-compression, but the one in arch/i386/boot is the one to use in any
case.

--Kevin