squid and autoforqward

I'm try to get ipchains to autoforward all web requests it gets (and as
gateway) to redirect it to port 3128 where squid will take it and process
it.

Squid is running on 3128 no prob -- if I setup a client for a proxy setup
it works.

I run :

/sbin/ipchains -A input -s 192.168.1.230 -p tcp -d 0.0.0.0/0
80 -j REDIRECT 3128 -l

to do this redirect. When I try to access the web from a client (without
proxy setup) I get:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL

frmo squid. So the redirect is working. The squid logs look like the
redirect is dropping the http://server.server.com part of the request and
that squid then does a lookup for teh directory and fails since it is
trying it  onthe local server. I have an accept all forward policy (for
now) so  .. any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I didn't realize that jobs and trade and what makes America work would become
a big issue.  --  Bob Dole