RE: [TCLUG:4676] Partitioning Question

I would also have /usr on a separate partition. If for some reason (I
still don't know how this happened) some really important file(s) got
corrupt such that you couldn't reboot your computer, just format root,
install, edit /etc/fstab to mount /home and /usr and /var (or copy var
before formating root) and your computer is back to normal with very
little effort. Also, /usr might get full because it is where most
appilcations go so it is nice to have it isolated from the root partition.

I doubt you are going to have this file corruption, but in general it is
nice to have all non-standard stuff on a separate partition (i.e.,
applications (/usr) logs ,etc (/var) and personal files (/home)

Good Luck,

Ben