Re: [TCLUG:4786] Hardware Problem

> something and so the motherbaord won't boot. Take out all the cards except
> for display and see if you can get to the bios. If so, keep adding cards
> until they all back or you know which card is causing the problem.

It might even be a good idea to take out _all_ of the cards (including
video), and see if the system responds to that (most systems will beep 8
times through the PC speaker if a video card can't be found..)

I imagine it's also possible that the memory has become defunct, so if
you have any extra laying around, you may want to try swapping that
around..
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1