Re: [TCLUG:4781] vmware

I'm just curious about how the networking thing works with vmware:

How does the ip address thing work? If you use dhcp, it is based on your
network cards special id -- it should give the same ip under windows and
linux (hense dual-boot doesn't affect ip address), so how do you get
another ip? Does dhcp roll over if the ip address is already used (and
what does this do to DNS)? What if you have to specify your own ip? Can
you use the same ip address (what does this do it logging and tcpdump?)
and if you use another ip address, does vmware filter everything so linux
doens't know what windows is doing?

Wow, so many questions. Thanks,

Ben