Re: [TCLUG:4781] vmware

Well, the way my dhcp servers are set up, they will give any machine on
the network as many ip addresses as they request, until the pool runs out.
I believe the virtual machines actually get a different physical hardware
address, which would allow them to get a seperate ip address from a dhcp
server. You can specify your own ip, just like "normal" windows
netowkring. AFAIK, the only way to use the same ip would be to configure
the virtual machine on a reserved subnet and use ip masquerading through
your "host" machine. My advice: download it, and give it a shot.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop
natecars@infiniteloop.com