Re: [TCLUG:4816] Peer-to-Peer ethernet

I could explain all of this (badly) or I could point you to a couple
of books that will guide you now and into the future (an somebody else
should post a good URL so that you can get that for free ;-).

TCP/IP Network Administration by Craig Hunt - breifly covers TCP/IP
configuration and then the configuration of many TCP/IP services.

TCP/IP Addressing: Designing and Optimizing Your IP Addressing Scheme
by Buck Graham - covers TCP/IP configuration and routing issues in
depth and in a very readable style.

Any other suggestions?

Troy

>>> Hugh Johnson <hugh@semplicesoft.com> 03/15 10:13 PM >>>
Where do I find out how to set up Redhat for a peer-to-peer network?

I'm a networking know-nothing. Although I've set up a couple for
Windows and Mac, I managed more by muddling than learning. What do
all these acronyms mean? What do I put in the DNS fields when I'm not

using domain names? Can I tweedle the subnet mask to use the same
setup for my internet dial-out? (Don't have a router; not even a hub

right now. It's strictly a 2-box network with a crossover cable.)