RE: [TCLUG:4760] sharing a monitor

> Now that you mention it, I've got two RH5.2 machines and would like to
> share a monitor between them. If it's not to expensive, I'ld like to share
> a mouse and keyboard also. It would be great to clear some space on my
> bench. The machines have identical video display cards, I don't know if
> that affects anything. I haven't even begun to research this issue so you
> would be accurate in assuming that I am completely ignorant. If you've got
> URLs for reading material, please forward them.

	Apex (http://apex.com) manufactures switches that handle 4-16 machines on a
single mouse, monitor and keyboard.  They handle PS/2 extremely well.  You
can even tier the switches, so you can scale to a nearly unlimited number of
systems.  They are not especially cheap, however -- entry-level is about
$495.  Of course, if you've got 3 computers, then the savings on 2 fewer
monitors make it pretty reasonable.

	Of course, what I do is just run everything via X from one PC -- pretty
much the only time I actually ever touch the keyboard of a server is when
I'm rebooting it (once or twice a year, say.)