Re: [TCLUG:4760] shareing a monitor

I have a Belkin (www.belkin.com) unit that used to share
montor/keboard/mouse between
my Linux and my PC.  It worked OK but there were some funny issues with
when you could
switch.  You had to switch once while the 2nd computer was booting or else
it would never
recognize it.  It cost about $100 but I didn't have to worry about burning
out my monitor with a
mechanical switch.  Here at work we have a similar unit but it can switch
up to 8 computers.

One interesting idea though I haven't tried it:  Have a monitor for one of
your computers
and use VNC (www.orl.co.uk/vnc/) to remote control the other computer when
you need it.
Obviously Linux will boot without a monitor...there must be a way to
disable the keyboard
check from BIOS.  (Or you could use a remote X-session instead of VNC.)

For some reason I like the idea of having a headless computer sitting there
with nothing
plugged in except a network connection and a power cord - basically like a
Cobalt Qube.