Anybody running Quake3?

When I try to run Quake3 I get the following messages.  Everything looks
OK except a couple of "failed" messages but those look more like
warnings than errors.  However it seems to freeze on the bottom line.
Could anybody who's gotten it to work tell me what their startup
messages look like so I can compare?  Or does anybody have any other
ideas?

Thanks,
Brady

[root@localhost q3test]# ./linuxquake3
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/usr/local/games/q3test/baseq3
----------------------

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/usr/local/games/q3test/demoq3/pak0.pk3 (639 files)
/usr/local/games/q3test/demoq3
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec q3config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg