Re: [TCLUG:5734] No cdrom after a kernel compile...

Try and see if there are messages about the cdrom driver when the kernel
boots up. Or look at the output of "dmesg" after you boot up and see if
the cdrom is recognized under /dev/hdc.

Or see if you can load the mitsumi cd driver. I think it might be called
mcd. After you boot up, do a "modprobe mcd" and see if your cdrom is
recognized. Hope this helps..
sandipan