Re: [TCLUG:5737] Anybody running Quake3?

"Serge M. Egelman" wrote:
> Do you need glibc to use q3test?  I'm using slackware 3.6, and everytime I try to
> run q3test, it just says:
>
> almighty-bob:~/q3test# ./linuxquake3
> bash: ./linuxquake3: No such file or directory

Well, I know that the file I downloaded was named something like
'q3test-glibc-6.tar.gz', so I'd say that means that you probably need glibc
(although they might come out with a libc5 version sometime in the future..)

I understand that at least some versions of Slackware have glibc libraries
included for sake of compatibility, but I've never been able to figure out how
that kind of thing works (I've never been able to figure out how to use libc5
programs on RedHat...)
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.5