Re: [TCLUG:6088] Banal xterm question

Well xwininfo takes parameters like so :
xwininfo -name "xterm" and gives you back a lot of information.
I am not sure what happens when there is more than 1 window
called xterm though.

Hmm, but I did not know about the WINDOWID environment variable,
Thanks!

Then all you might need to do is something like:

window = atoi(getenv("WINDOWID"));
if( window == 0 ) {
/* scream, ... */
    fprintf( stderr, "Cannot locate windowid\n" );
    exit( EXIT_FAILURE );
}

Instead of the fscanf( argv[2], "%x", &window ) bit..

On second thoughts just keep doing what you are doing now ! The lesser
code I write the fewer bugs I can put in !!

regards,
sandipan
---