RE: [TCLUG:9741] PPP redial problem

I went into /etc/rc.d/init.d and there is not a 'ppp' file.  Here is what I
have:

apmd      functions  inet      linuxconf  nfs         random   sendmail
ypbind
arpwatch  gpm        isdn      lpd        nfslock     routed   single
atd       halt       keytable  named      pcmcia      rstatd   snmpd
autofs    httpd      killall   netfs      portmap     rusersd  syslog
crond     identd     kudzu     network    postgresql  rwhod    xfs

My /etc/ppp directory has these:

chap-secrets    ioptions  ip-up    pap-secrets  resolv.conf
connect-errors  ip-down   options  peers

There is only one file in my peers directory and that is wvdial.

The only other files that I have found that seem to relate to ppp are in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.  Here is what is in this directory:

chat-ppp0         ifcfg-ppp0   ifdown-sl     ifup-plip    ifup-sl
ifcfg-eth0        ifdown       ifup          ifup-post    network-functions
ifcfg-lo          ifdown-post  ifup-aliases  ifup-ppp
ifcfg-lo.rpmsave  ifdown-ppp   ifup-ipx      ifup-routes

Below is what is in the ifcfg-ppp0 file:

PHONENUM=298-1996
PERSIST="yes"
DEFROUTE="yes"
ONBOOT="yes"
INITSTRING="ATZ"
MODEMPORT="/dev/modem"
LINESPEED="115200"
ESCAPECHARS="no"
DEFABORT="no"
HARDFLOWCTL="yes"
DEVICE="ppp0"
PPPOPTIONS=""
DEBUG="no"
PAPNAME=""
REMIP=""
IPADDR=""
BOOTPROTO="none"
MTU=""
MRU=""
DISCONNECTTIMEOUT=""
RETRYTIMEOUT="0"
USERCTL="no"
NETMASK=""

Thanks,

Jen

(BTW: ^chewie are you in the SCA?  I thought I recognized your name from
somewhere.)