Re: [TCLUG:9906] Browser-independent code

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> > Really we need CSS compatible browsers *NOW*.  Netscape is not this.
> > Opera promises to be, mozilla is but isn't finished yet either.  Hopefully
> > full CSS spec will be supported in a unix environment soon.
>
> I hate MS software as much as the next guy, because I think it's generally
> bad stuff. BUT, MS IE 5 supports CSS the best of anyone, it's fast, and
> nice to use. I'm happy to give them full credit for that.

Actually, microsoft gets one CSS tag wrong where mozilla does get it
right.

The "font-variant: small-caps;" attribute is rendered as all caps in ie,
whereas you get the correct caps effect in mozilla.

Mozilla has great CSS parsing, but its slow as heck right now :(

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | The first thing we do,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |  let's kill all the lawyers.
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |   -- Wm. Shakespere, "Henry VI"