Re: [TCLUG:10144] Slackware Install

>However, when I started looking in to doing just that, I discovered
>that it would take just shy of 30 disks to install sets A and N.  If
>you're willing to spend a couple of hours writing to and installing from
>floppies, it should work just fine!
        I've done an entire Debian install from floppies; just installed the
base disks (7 of them); and then chose the packages I needed after that.
I've installed over 70MB of packages that way.
        it may seem like a silly thing to do; but I recommend doing it once.
it teaches you a lot about what packages are dependent on what. Debian is a
good distro this way; their web site is pretty helpful about package
dependencies; and if you go to irc.debian.org, #debian has a help bot which
will find which package owns a needed file, as well as lively human help. :)
        after the first time you may want to go back to more massive install
methods, tho. :)

sometimes doing things just for perversity's sake,
Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091