Re: [TCLUG:10148] Mounting CDROMs...

bl155 wrote:

> if your cdr is a IDE device, what i found to work is an entry as such
> /dev/scd0    /cdrw     iso9660    ro,noauto,user    0    0
>
> i got that from:
> insmod ide-scsi
> cdrecord -scanbus
>     0) 'Ricoh ' 'MP6200A' Removeable CD-ROM    # the 0) is the scd"0"
>     1) *
>     2) *
>     7) *
> i hope this helps you in some way
>
> Lawrence Crisp wrote:
>
> > So I finally got my system rebuilt, and I've installed Mandrake and KDE.
> > I'm feeling much better about myself.  But I have run into a couple of
> > problems that I am hoping someone can help me with.  First, I have a cdrom
> > and a cdr in this system, but I can't figure out how to mount the cdr.  I
> > think I need to add an entry to the fstabs file, but I have not been able
> > to figure out what I need to add or even what device the cdr is in /dev.
> > Can anyone tell me how to set it up so I can use the cdr, both for reading
> > and writing?  (It's a Mitsumi 2801TE (or something close to 2801), so I
> > know it is compatible.)  Second, when I mount a burned disk with multiple
> > sessions with the cdrom, I can only access the most recent session.
> > Anyone know how can I access the rest of the disk?  Finally, I also have a
> > parallel port Zip disk on this thing, and I have not yet had a chance to
> > figure out how to set it up.  Can someone give me the quickee directions or
> > point me to the correct how-to?
> >
> > As always, any help is appreciated,
> > Thanks,
> >   --Larry

What if you have two CDROM's? I have my original CDROM + my CDRW:

gsa700:/home/dave# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord release 1.8a30 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Jörg Schilling
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
scsibus0:
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
page.
        0,0,0     0) 'BCD 48SB' ' CD-ROM         ' 'C2.4' Removable
CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) 'CREATIVE' 'CD-RW RW4224E   ' '1.36' Removable
CD-ROM
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

I changes /dev/cdrom to point to /dev/scd0 but how do I get at the CDRW
drive? I tried the obvious "/dev/scd1" in fstab but no go. What am I
missing?

--
Dave Erickson
Remove "xxx" from address to reply