Re: Mounting CDROMs...

By the way it sounds, you have a parallel port system. If you're running
Mandrake 6.1, most of the stuff is already built in.
For the zip drive (make sure there is a disk inserted):
insmod parport
insmod ppa
insmod lp  (in case your printer is daisy chained thru)
If this doesn't work, compile your kernel with both iomega zip drive
drivers as modules and turn on scsi support
mkdir /mnt/zip
mount /dev/ppa or mount dev /mnt/zip

This site has helped me immensely in getting my zip drive and my cdrom
burner(partially!) running. If you've got parallel problems, this place
will help.
http://www.torque.net/parport/paride.html
Pass it on...
Dan