Re: [TCLUG:10175] RH6.1 dialup woes

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Chris Schumann wrote:

> First, I tried Gnome and the RedHat dialer. Modem lights (USR Sportster
> Voice external) turn on and... nothing. Then I tried KDE and kppp. Same
> deal, different lights. Debugging kppp shows an error with M1L4, so I
> removed the L4. Now it dials, gets CONNECT and tells me the server needs
> to validate itself or some weird thing.

FWIW and not to rub it in or anything, but I recently signed up with Visi
and kppp connected first time for me with no problems. Been runnin' great
ever since. I've got a Mandrake 6.1 system here with 56k modem.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/