Netscape Composer weirdness

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who suggested ways that I could set up my school's Web
server to allow for people to access the virtual hosts via ftp.

I created a user for one of the schools and made it a member of a
'webadmin' group. I also made the home directory for that user
/home/httpd/garlough (the name of the school and the root of that
particular virtual host).

Unfortunately, ftp access using Netscape Composer still doesn't work even
though the user I created owns that directory. I still get an error that
says that I may not have write permissions on that directory. Well that
all sounded rather odd to me so I downloaded a trial version of HotMetal
Pro 6 to try on my Windows machine (since most users will be building
their pages with a WYSIWYG program and Win9x). FTP access to the site
seemed to work fine with HotMetal Pro.

So does anyone have any idea why Composer wouldn't work, but HotMetal Pro
does? I would like to fix this since Composer is free and I don't want to
force people to pay for a fairly expensive piece of software.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/