Re: [TCLUG:10322] Intranet Web Server and DNS

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 08:11:17AM -0600, Philip Forst wrote:

> The NFS is Novell/NT and everything besides dhcp and Apache is on
> other servers.  My question: Is there a way to give the site a name
> (intra.myofficename.com) without setting up a DNS server within the
> office?  If not, will a caching DNS server fit the bill?  I've read
> a few of the how-tos but have been unable to understand how to
> associate the site name and the IP address.  Any assistance that you
> can provide is appreciated.  Thank you.

	I do believe that you won't be able to do this without a full
nameserver.  This means you should also look into owning the
'myoffice.com' domain to avoid conflicts later.  If you're an office of
a larger company, they probably already have a something.com domain, and
you'll need to be in a myoffice.something.com subdomain.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature