Re: tclug-list Digest 23 Nov 1999 20:48:24 -0000 Issue 473

> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:55:58 -0600
> From: Adam Maloney <adam@iexposure.com>
> To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
> Subject: SMP and Adaptec 2940

Adam,

I have a W6-Li motherboard (440FX chipset) with (2) 200MHz PPro CPU's, and
use an Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI controller for my Plextor CD-ROM and CD-R
drives. My hard drives are IDE.

I get SCSI timeout messages at boot time. I don't have them now because I
can't get ppp working yet. (But RedHat did suggest I get new versions of
kppp/pppd/rhdialer.) These messages appear, then it waits and tries again
and finds the drives just fine. The drives work once the machine is booted
and I've never investigated what is going on.

I'd be happy to investigate further if it would be of use to anyone.

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio