Re: [TCLUG:10513] Media One and Linux?

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 08:41:19AM -0600, Thomas Veldhouse wrote:
> Although MediaOne will not stop you from using Linux or any other OS,
> they will refuse to help you in any way for any reason.  Once, they
> know you are using Linux, they instantly blame everything upon that
> and then tell you the problem is with your OS.  At least in my
> experience this has been the case.  So ... you must tell them that you
> are using Win98 when you call in for support, or to report a problem.
> There SMTP server was not working and they blamed my OS.  I called
> back and told them I was running Win98 and then they tried to blame it
> on the TCP/IP stack and tried to walk me through rebuilding it.  Of
> course, that was not it.  Towards the end of the conversation, of
> which I was doing none of what the moran was telling me to do, he
> tells me that he is hearing reports of the problem and they will fix
> it ASAP, but no ETA.
>
> OK, so I would love to get DSL!!!

	I forgot to mention the other advantage of picking your ISP.
You can pick one where the tech support people aren't morons, and are
also willing to believe that you know what you're doing if you sound
like you do.

*grin*,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature