Recording Audio Tapes

Hi All,

Anyone have any suggestions for recording audio tapes onto my
computer?

I've got just the standard SB16 or comparable type sound card and a
basic shelf system stereo.  What will I need cable wise?  I don't have
any "audio out" ports on the back of the stereo (other than the
speakers...).  Can I just plug a cable into the headphone jack then
into the audio in jack on the card?  Do they even make male/male
cables?

What about sound software?? Any suggestions??

Looking for some direction here...

Thanks in advance!

Scott K. Johnson
seker@uswest.net