Re: [TCLUG:8942] Red Hat 6.1

Yaron wrote:

>   Hi there,
>
> Well, I got my new HDD today (15.5gig for $129 nice) andsince my old
> install was Red Hat 5.0, I decided it's time to upgrade, so I put RH6.1 on
> it.
>
> yes, it has a GUI install. It is a piece of crap. I didn't ee any way to
> use fdisk to partition the drive, and the GUI Disk Druid insisted on
> ignoring the drive with no partition table!
>
> The package chooser... hmm. It's horrible. Took me 10 times longer than
> normal. And the damn thing misidentified my display adapter.
>
> Anyway, just got my Email system back up (hopefully). It's a bit messy
> copying all my old setup over (;
>
> -Yaron
>
> --

I tried RedHat 6.1 after my complete and utter dissapointment with
Mandrake 6.1. You can get the old style install back by typing "text" at
the boot-up screen. You are right though it is a piece of crap.{So is
mandrake, even worse I think}

That's why my real computer runs Debian.

--
Dave Erickson
Remove "xxx" from address to reply