FTP Install

Hi,

After un-successfully trying to install Mandrake 6.1
from the CD I got from installfest (Apparently CD was
bad, 3 people who used the same image ran into similar

problems, with setup of X) I'm going to try to do a
ftp install from

ftp.linuxberg.com/pub/distributions/Mandrake/Mandrake/6.1

Here are my questions :

1. It is possible to do ftp install using DSL ? (will
the speed be issue ?)

2. Can anyone suggest a faster/better ftp site for
mandrake distibution ?

3. This may be for tim wilson, Is the image at this
site (u gave me this site during installfest) OK ?
Did the FTP install for frank(?) went thru without
problems ?

TIA

-Mandar

=====