Re: [TCLUG:8994] X over SSH thru IPMasq

This can be one of many problems.  Most likely, the problem is being
caused by there either not being an xauth in the expected path, or xauth
is not installed on the machine.  To SSH, if xauth isn't found, no X11
forwarding is allowed.  Pass the -v flag the next time you try it to see
what types of error messages SSH generates when you connect:

shaft.badmutha.org: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication
spoofing.
shaft.badmutha.org: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled in server
configuration file.
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.

Peter Lukas