eterms and netscape not dying ..

Hi

Can any one shed some light on this? I'm running Gnome/ Enlightenment on
my debian box. When I Close or "Annihilate" the Eterms and netscape,
their process still show up when I do a ps -aef. I have to manually kill
them. If I don't, I get all those Eterms and multiple instances of
netscape popping up when I log in again. Hooray for saving my previous environment..
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I misconfigured
somewhere or is it just a bug?  I don't particularly want to change my wm.

Thanks!

Jacque