Re: [TCLUG:9081] Apache authentication trouble

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Mike Glaser wrote:

> I feel like tinkering with it somemore. Can you tell me how I can
> shutdown/startup my server without having to reboot my system?

You can shutdown and start services by typing (as root):

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

You can also do

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

but I've heard of problems with restart sometimes not working quite right
in rare circumstances. Either way, this will prevent the reboot cycle.
Other services are stopped and started similarly. Look in /etc/rc.d/init.d
for a listing.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/