RE: [TCLUG:9081] Apache authentication trouble

kill -USR1 `/var/run/httpd.pid`

Note that those little quotes are the backwards ones on the "~" key, not the
ones under your right pinky finger.  The -USR1 is preferrable to the more
traditional -HUP as it does a graceful shutdown of httpd with each child
process waiting until it is done with whatever it is doing at the moment
instead of just dropping everything and quitting.  Then the main (root?
parent?) httpd process rereads the httpd.conf file and recreates the
children with the new configuration.

Having said all of that, it suddenly occurs to me that I didn't read your
question that closely.  I hope that's what you were asking!

Ben

The phrasing, style, and content of this message are the sole property of
Ben Beuchler, Inc. and may not be reproduced in any way, shape or form
without the written consent Ben Beuchler Enterprises.  All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited by law.  Do not remove under penalty of law.  Do not
spindle or fold.  Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.