Re: [TCLUG:9287] Personal recommendations for a laptop running linux?

I have debian running on my dell inspiron 3200, I have one of those
bastard neomagic cards, so I only get 800x600 on my 13.3 XGA TFT, but my
sound is supported. The touchpad works correctly too. (tho I usually
have a 3 button mouse hooked up to it). I have had no problem networking
it at work or hooking it up to dsl, tho I haven't had the need to use
the modem to dial out.

I do know that the newer 7000 series doesn't have the neo magic cards,
so you may be able to get better graphics out of that.
I enabled advanced power management in the kernel so it sleeps when I
close it and when I halt it, it shuts itself off. Plus, I've had very
good experiences with their tech support..I needed a new power cable ( I
put a nasty kink in it) and I had it the next day, they paid the
shipping to return the old one.

Jacque