Re: [TCLUG:9472] bios

Quoting Schoenhofen, Kelly (KSchoenhofen@Carlson.com):
> Well, there have been various bios-changing proggies for various bios lines
> thru-out the years, that you can run from Windows/etc, but regardless, the
> changes you are referring to would require a hard reset on your bus at the
> very least. You're going to have to power-cycle, no way around it.

  I was afraid of that.  Well, the VAResearch/VALinux box I got has
as Tyan 1832 motherboard, and the only way to accept a PIII 600 is to
make sure the bois can accept the faster cpu speed.   And I dont want
to flash a new bios just for that fast cpu, because if I mess up, the
bios chip is toast and therefor my production webserver.

--
Joseph A. Heil, Jr.                  heilja@varsityonline.com
VarsityOnline                        http://www.varsityonline.com