Re: [TCLUG:9483] Apache PUTs not allowed

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Tim Wilson wrote:

> Does anyone know what I would be able to "PUT" an html file to an Apache
> Web server? I have an account on the machine and own the directory I'm
> 'PUTing' to. Ideas? I'm trying to set up access to our school's Web server
> for people who want to use Netscape Composer and the like.

I don't know about Netscape Composer; it may have the upload-file-via-PUT
functionality. I assume since you're asking that you know it does.

Make sure .htaccess in the directory specifies that PUT is allowed, and
that httpd.conf (usually in /etc/httpd/conf/) allows .htaccess files to
have that power. Take a look at this URL for more info:

http://www.apache.org/docs/sections.html

And follow the links in the first sentence as well.

Hth. :)

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/