Re: [TCLUG:9472] bios

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Joseph Heil wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get the bios of a running computer?  I need to
> upgrade PIII cpu's from a 450 to dual 600, and need to verify that the
> bios is ok. I would like to check this out without powercycling my
> co-located production webserver box.  BTW, does anyone know when Intel
> released the PIII 600 chips?

1. Production servers should be untouchable. Unless you have some kind of
redundant failover cluster thing happening, do not turn your box off.

2. CPU speed is almost never the limiting factor in computer performance,
especially if the one you already have is a Pentium 450. The upgrade from
one to two processors does help, though, especially for applications like
Apache (since it forks off many children).

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/