Re: [TCLUG:9472] bios

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Joseph Heil wrote:

> Quoting Scott Dier - dieman (dieman@ringworld.org):
> >
> > Get your ass out of oracle.  I heard that it has an insanely expensive
> > sql connect.  Hopefully you are using persistant connections.  MySql can
> > do much better in a web-driven environment. (because of the less-expensive
> > sql connect).

>   Actually Oracle works very well when driven via ColdFusion.  When
> CF for Linux comes out in a few weeks, I will have a complete production

Thats cool, CF should keep a persisitant connection. :)

I like some of the need functions in sql servers.  I didn't know that they
did that much more 'till recently.  mmmmm. php3 and sql.

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
  ringworld . associates    | <YodaNsO> fear leads to anger,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |           anger leads to hate,
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |           hate leads to solaris.