Re: [TCLUG:9583] flamewar

** John R. Sheets wrote:

> Huh?  So it's on-topic to discuss how to use package tools, but
> off-topic to discuss the pros and cons of how they're implemented?
> Are we perhaps blowing things out of proportion here?  What *is* the
> official list policy regarding discussion topics?  What is the official
> definition of a "flame war"?

Well, yeah, I guess that's what I mean. I just think the RPM/deb thing has
grown stale, and I've seen it rehashed elsewhere. Out of proportion? I
dunno, I wanted to echo what sounded like a good suggestion. If the
discussion persists, I'll just have to hit 'd' more or whip up some
nifty procmail filters, as was earlier alluded to.

It's not my job to decide what a flame war is or what kinds of discussion
belong. I wouldn't have called it one...there were thought-out arguments and
backup for them, and none of it sounded like it was written by 14 year
olds. :)

Time to watch the Vikings...

Joel

Joel A. Koepp <jkoepp@atlas.socsci.umn.edu>	University of Minnesota
77 Bedford St. SE, Apt. 2			Department of Geography
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3553			M.A. Program
Tel: 612.378.4812				PGP/GPG keys on req.