domainname v. hostname

OK, I realize this is most likely a foolish question that is common
knowledge, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer:  Which name
is the 'hostname' and which the 'domainname'?

Assume that, in my case, I have a LAN with two machines: one named 'Marvin'
(my WinNT box) and one named 'ender' (my Linux box).  Also assume that I
have a registered domain name 'emergimail.com' which is bound to the IP of
my Linux box.

My guess is that it would be like this:

hostname: ender
domainname: squad51.net

But... This is just a guess.  Could someone point me towards the source of
the definitive answer?

Ben
The phrasing, style, and content of this message are the sole property of
Ben Beuchler, Inc. and may not be reproduced in any way, shape or form
without the written consent Ben Beuchler Enterprises.  All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited by law.  Do not remove under penalty of law.  Do not
spindle or fold.  Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.