Re: [TCLUG:8291] Backup Question

I personaly use amanda backup, it's fairly complicated.. but also fairly
powerfull.  can backup dozens of hosts, linux or otherwise. (even
win9x/NT via smbclient)  there is also afbackup.  i'm not sure about
afbackup, but you can recover amanda tapes without amanda.. (it has
instructions to use tar directly on a tape) which can be usefull if you
have a total system failure, and have no other way to retrive data.  I
belive BRU uses it's own backup format, with no easy way to recover,
unless you have BRU running

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)