Re: [TCLUG:8308] Problems configuring an ISA Pnp Ethernet card

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Chris Kesler wrote:

> There is a DOS utility that you can run to configure that card.  It's
> called 3c5x9cfg.exe, and it's on the disk that came with the card.  You
> can probably download it from 3Com's site, too.  Anyways, you can use that
> configuration program to disable PnP and set an IRQ and IO address into
> the flash memory on the card.

Yes. Also, Nathan, if your card has multiple media (twisted pair, coax
and/or AUI -- some of those cards have all three instead of only tp), you
have to set it to use the appropriate one. The DOS util does this also. I
had the same problem, and David Carter figured it out for me back when I
was a newbie. :)

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com