Re: [TCLUG:8308] Problems configuring an ISA Pnp Ethernet card

The 3c509b card has a software configuration program that will set the I/O
address and IRQ of the card in hardware - esentially running in non-pnp
mode.

You sometimes have to specify the IO address in the module load command -
although I have found that most of the time it probes the correct i/o port
as long as PNP is turned off on the card.

Whatever you do, don't turn on EISA mode - if you do, the card will be
unconfigurable until it is reset in an EISA machine...

______         _ __         REAL men use LINUX!!!       Fight Junk Email!
  /           ' )  )                                   http://www.cauce.org
 / o ______    /  / _  . .  http://www.visi.com/~tneu/