Re: [TCLUG:8668] Newbie opinion question

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Clayton T. Fandre wrote:

> Personally I love Enlightenment. I have been running the CVS version
> (pre 0.16) for over a month (8 hours a day) now without a single crash.

Well, that's great. Could you post a 'cat /proc/<E pid>/status' to the
list, please? I'm curious, but not curious enough to download the CVS
version. :)

> I use many KDE apps while running gnome. Although they may look a little
> different, they work just fine. That's the great thing about this whole
> gnome/KDE battle; Us end-users win because of all the apps that are
> produced.

Sure; but my concern is the massive memory overhead incurred by even one
of the two environments; I can't imagine trying to run both and not
pounding into swap right away. How much memory do you have?

  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/

  'I can't understand why people are afraid of new ideas.
  I'm afraid of the old ones.'
  -- John Cage