Re: [TCLUG:8727] Sound-Blaster Compatible sound card

Nope...I didn't...I'll try to remember that when I get home tonight....

Thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Dalton <mwd@sgi.com>
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org <tclug-list@mn-linux.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 4:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:8727] Sound-Blaster Compatible sound card

Did you run '/usr/sbin/sndconfig'?  That is a tool to help you configure
your sound card.

Mark

> Well, I've got a compaq with the ESS on it, and I've compiled the kernel to support
> sound on it...
>
> Well, I've tried to.  I've got something hosed in the config(prolly got the IRQ or DMA wrong...)
> so that it still doesn't work, but, the drivers are in the kernel source, so theres prolly a module
> available somewhere...or, just recompile your own kernel...its fun!!!
>
> Brian

Mark Dalton       CH3-S-CH2 H                      H      O       H
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  |   |                      |       \      |
Eagan, MN 55121         CH2-C-COO    //\ ---C--CH2-C-COO    C-CH2-C-COO
mwd@sgi.com                 |       |  ||   ||     |       //     |
                            NH3      \\/ \ / CH    NH3    O       NH3
                                          NH
My home page: http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/mwd.html
Cell Biology: http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/cell.html