Re: [TCLUG:15481] Faeriedist

Here's a wild idea, make sure a handful of binary packages are borken. What?
Why? What am I smoking? Where can you get some? Dunno. Anyway, how about
why.

Simply because, you won't learn anything if everything works out of the box.
Linux is supposed to be fun right? Where's the fun in having everything
working at midnight when you have a 5 page paper due at 8 am. What would I
know if I didn't have to boot from a rescue floppy and use the limited tools
there to replace a /bin/bash that dissapeard.

You haven't lived until you've forced perl to overwrite itself with a
package managment system that depends on perl. Oh, and how about have 7 VCs
and then fire up XDM on VC7 by default? Of course don't document this so
users have to figure out why their mouse will move about in X but they can't
type. Make sure they have to figure out how to telnet/ssh in from a remote
host to fix or boot into single user mode.

Of course, documenting these bugs defeats the purpose. =)

Hey, it's how I learnd.