Re: [TCLUG:15483] One more thing on Faeriedist...

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 08:04:04PM -0500, Kevin Bullock wrote:

> First, a question about this distro: What/who's it for? Gurus who want
> something to play around with? End users who don't want to deal with
> system internals? Somewhere in between? I get the sense (from the

From discussing this with Chris, I get the impression that the target
audience is himself.  His goal is to produce a distro that HE likes.

> A caveat here: Some services are required for (at least what I
> consider) normal operation (e.g. identd for using IRC). Actually, identd
> is the only one I can think of offhand, and IRC may not be "normal
> operation" -- maybe you want to set it up so that any IRC package's
> install would enable identd.

I would have to side with Chris on this one:  Go ahead and install identd
by default or when you install an IRC client, but don't even THINK about
enabling it.  Maybe suggest it to the user...  But when you nmap a new box
it should come back blank.  IMHO.

> And good name too!

And I'm going to have to disagree with you yet again.  The name sucks.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix